Kuet shut after conflict over soccer coordinate

Khulna University of Engineering and Technology (Kuet) was shut for an uncertain period yesterday after understudies of two quarters conflicted over a football coordinate on Friday, which left six harmed.

“The private understudies have been approached to clear the lobbies,” said Kuet Vice-chancellor Quazi Sazzaad Hossain, including, “To maintain a strategic distance from any untoward episode, the college specialists settled on the choice.”

Male understudies were approached to leave their residences by 5:00pm yesterday and female understudies by 10:00am today, he included.

Around 3,500 understudies live in seven residences, including the female one.

Visiting the Kuet grounds around 1:30pm yesterday, this reporter discovered understudies leaving with their things. Some of them were going to close by understudy messes or their family members’ homes.

Conversing with this journalist, a few understudies said the abrupt conclusion of their instructive organization would hamper their examinations.

The conclusion would likewise make a session jam, they said.

Kuet sources said the harmed understudies left the grounds after essential treatment.

Ibrahim Khalil, a Kuet understudy, disclosed to The Daily Star that the conflict broke out over a ref’s choice while a between corridor football competition match was going on between Amar Ekushey and Fazlul Haque lobbies on Friday evening.

A few understudies of Amar Ekushey Hall at that point assaulted the ref. A gathering of understudies of Fazlul Haque Hall were videoing the occurrence, prompting the conflict between understudies of two residences, he included.

Shafiqul Islam, official accountable for Khanjahan Ali Police Station, said extra police officers were sent on the grounds to battle off further untoward occurrence.

In the mean time, yesterdays’ affirmation trial of Khulna University were hung on the Kuet grounds, said Manoj Kumar Majumdar, advertising official of the designing college.

Related Post