4 of a family injured in N’ganj fire

The injured are Abdul Alim, 70, his daughter Sheuli Begum, 35, and his granddaughters Tanjila, 6, and Jyotee, 14, our Narayanganj correspondent reports quoting officer-in-charge of Fatullah Police Station Aslam Hosain.

They were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital where the condition of three is said to be critical, the official said.

The incident occurred in the wee hours today when the mosquito net and nearby furniture caught on fire from a mosquito coil at Abdul Alim’s house in Pagla area of Fatullah when all the family members were sleeping.

Their neighbours rushed in and rescued them, the official said.

Related Post